Benjamin Allee represents clients in connection with criminal investigations and prosecutions, and in civil litigation. He joined Yankwitt LLP after serving more than a decade as an Assistant United States Attorney (AUSA) in the Criminal Division of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York. Most recently he served as Deputy Chief of the White Plains Division, where he supervised more than 20 AUSAs, handling all federal criminal prosecutions in Westchester, Rockland, Orange, Putnam, Dutchess, and Sullivan counties.
As an AUSA, Ben handled some of the office’s toughest and most important cases, including prosecutions of defendants for public corruption, fraud, cybercrime, money laundering, murder, racketeering, obstruction of justice, and other offenses. He tried 10 cases to verdict, second-sat and supervised numerous additional trials, and argued 12 appeals in the Second Circuit.
Ben appeared regularly before every federal judge in Westchester and maintains a reputation as the go-to criminal defense attorney for all complex criminal cases in that courthouse.
At Yankwitt LLP, in addition to working on white-collar criminal defense cases, Ben brings his trial expertise to complex civil litigation and represents clients on breach of contract cases, employment litigation, shareholder disputes, and fraud investigations.
Prior to serving as an AUSA, Ben clerked for two federal judges and as an associate at Davis Polk & Wardwell in New York City on complex civil litigation, including large multidistrict securities fraud suits and a multibillion-dollar contract dispute.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- Fordham Law Review, Editor in Chief
- State University of New York, College of Geneseo, B.A.
- Judge Peter K. Leisure, Southern District of New York
- Judge Pierre N. Leval, Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Department of Justice Director’s Award for Superior Performance as an Assistant U.S. Attorney
- Assistant Attorney General's Award for Distinguished Service
- Federal Law Enforcement Foundation's Prosecutor of the Year Award
- Department of Justice Office of Inspector General's Collaboration Award
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Federal Bar Council