Ben is an experienced commercial litigator with a strong background in investigative work, a powerful combination he leverages on behalf of his clients. Ben represents clients of all sizes on complex commercial matters with a focus on the healthcare and financial industries, commercial and residential real estate, and intellectual property, among others. He handles litigations in state and federal court at the trial and appellate levels and in arbitrations.
Ben’s breadth of experience has informed how he practices law, develops his litigation strategy, and services his clients. His legal career started at a boutique criminal defense firm where his 2010 habeas corpus victory resulted in the release of a man wrongfully imprisoned for 16 years. After serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Nicholas G. Garaufis in the Eastern District of New York, Ben joined national law firm Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP, where he handled matters involving residential mortgage-backed securities and medical industry fraud. In 2017, he started his own firm where he provided his clients with both complex litigation and private investigation services under one roof.
Ben is known for his aggressive, thorough approach to litigation and for his ability to create trusting relationships with his clients by being responsive, available, and respectful. He is also fluent in French.
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- Honors: cum laude
- Law Review: New York University Law Review, Articles Editor
- Brown University, B.A.
- Judge Nicholas G. Garaufis, United States District Court, Eastern District of New York, Law Clerk
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- Fourth Universalist Society in the City of New York, Social Justice Team, Democracy Sub-team Co-lead