George “Chip” Godfrey has worked exclusively in the private sector in New Jersey for more than 27 years. He is an experienced litigator in both state and federal courts, having tried more than 50 cases to verdict. Based in Yankwitt LLP’s Atlantic City office, Chip primarily services the firm’s hospitality clients – casinos, hotels and restaurants – doing business throughout New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania. He handles an array of cases for these clients including premises liability, employment discrimination, workers' compensation defense, Dram Shop Act, and contract disputes.
Prior to joining Yankwitt LLP, Chip was a partner in the casino and hospitality defense litigation department of Cooper Levenson. He has been awarded the designation of Civil Trial Attorney by the New Jersey Supreme Court, a coveted honor bestowed on less than 2 percent of the attorneys in New Jersey.
George has served as an arbitrator for the Superior Court, Atlantic County since 1998.
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, J.D.
- Colgate University, B.A.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney
- Honorable Benjamin A. Rimm Award for Outstanding Young Lawyer
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Atlantic County Bar Association
- Vincent S. Haneman American Inn of Court