ROSS E. MORRISON
Ross Morrison represents clients in complex civil litigation, including trials and appeals, and government enforcement matters, including civil fraud and other investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), and state attorneys general. His practice encompasses matters involving claims of breach of contract, fraud, unfair business practices, violations of the False Claims Act (FCA), and employment discrimination and retaliation under federal and state laws. His clients represent a broad spectrum of industries and include business owners, financial services corporations, insurers and educational institutions.
Ross is a former Assistant United State Attorney (AUSA) for the Southern District of New York, where he held the supervisory positions of Acting Chief Appellate Attorney and Deputy Chief Appellate Attorney in the Civil Division. During his more than ten years as an AUSA, Ross tried numerous cases before juries and the bench, argued countless substantive motions in a wide variety of matters, and represented the United States in more than a dozen appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. He also led investigations of individuals and entities accused of engaging in financial or other fraud, and violating the FCA, criminal laws, and civil rights laws.
Prior to joining Yankwitt LLP, Ross was a partner for five years at a prominent national law firm where he represented financial services corporations and other clients in complex litigations and appeals, and investigations by the DOJ and state attorneys general. After Harvard Law School, he clerked for federal district court Judge Shira A. Scheindlin in the Southern District of New York. Ross also has served as an adjunct professor at Fordham and Cardozo Law Schools.
- Harvard Law School, J.D. cum laude
- Wesleyan University, B.A. Phi Beta Kappa
- Judge Shira A. Scheindlin, Southern District of New York
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- United States Secret Service Director’s Honor Award
- Council of the Inspectors General On Integrity and Efficiency Award