Michael Reed focuses his practice on complex federal litigation, with an emphasis on employment litigation. He has served as counsel in national class and collective actions as well as individual litigations and arbitrations. Recognized as a thought leader in employment law, Michael has lectured extensively throughout the country on the topic.
Prior to joining Yankwitt LLP, Michael practiced at Am Law 100 law firm, Kirkland & Ellis, where he represented BP in connection with governmental investigations arising out of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. His pro bono practice included representing a class of children on Medicaid fighting to preserve screening, diagnosis, and treatment services.
Michael also served as a law clerk for the Honorable William J. Martini, United States District Judge for the District of New Jersey. Most recently, he practiced at a regional law firm, specializing in employment matters. Michael has published articles on overtime law, federal practice and procedure, choice of law, and arbitration in the New York Law Journal, the New Jersey Law Journal, Bloomberg Law Insights, and Westchester Lawyer.
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- Junior Research Fellow at NYU’s Center for Transnational Litigation, Arbitration, and Commercial Law
- University of Pittsburgh, M.A.
- Amherst College, B.A. magna cum laude
- Judge William J. Martini, United States District Judge, District of New Jersey
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Westchester County Bar Association