Russell Yankwitt founded Yankwitt LLP in 2009, after honing his litigation skills at the premier New York City law firm of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher and Flom LLP, serving as Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of New York, and serving as a federal law clerk to Thomas C. Platt of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Russell litigates commercial matters of all kinds, including contract and partnership disputes, employment and shareholder lawsuits, insurance coverage disputes, ADA litigations, and premises liability cases. He is recognized as Westchester's go-to litigator and trial attorney, having accrued an enviable track record of trial victories over the past two decades. As a result, Russell is regularly retained by Westchester and New York City law firms to collaborate on their high-stakes trials throughout the state of New York.
Russell’s legal acumen is enhanced by the unyielding client service he demands from himself and every member of his team. He partners with his clients, helping them to minimize their litigation by providing real-world, proven advice and counsel, as well as, efficient, cost- effective resolutions if or when litigation arises.
Well respected by the bar and judiciary, Russell is known to be a fair, effective, and zealous advocate for his clients.
- Cornell Law School, J.D. cum laude
- Connecticut College, B.A. magna cum laude
- Judge Thomas C. Platt, Eastern District of New York
- New York
- New Jersey
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- US District Court Southern District of New York
- US District Court Eastern District of New York
- US District Court Northern District of New York
- US District Court District of Connecticut
- US District Court District of New Jersey
- US District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Best Lawyers in America in Commercial Litigation, 2020, 2021
- Selected for inclusion in Top 25 Westchester Super Lawyers, 2013-2015, 2017-2019
- Selected for inclusion in Top 100 New York Metro Super Lawyers , 2011 – 2019
- AV® Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Gold Client Champion by Martindale-Hubbell
- United States Attorney General’s Award for Tax Prosecutions
- Environmental Protection Agency Award for Commendable Service
- NOAA Bronze Medal Award for “displaying leadership, teamwork and innovation to successfully settle” a complex environmental bankruptcy for $125 million
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Federal Bar Council, Westchester Committee, Founder
- Federal Bar Council Board of Directors, Assistant Treasurer
- Legal Services of the Hudson Valley, Board
- Westchester County Bar Foundation, Board
- Westchester County Bar Association, Grievance Committee
- Light the Night, Executive Leadership Committee