Michael Reed focuses his practice on complex federal litigation, with an emphasis on employment litigation. He has served as counsel in national class and collective actions, as well as, individual litigations and arbitrations. Recognized as a thought leader in employment law, Michael has lectured extensively throughout the country on the topic.
Prior to joining Yankwitt LLP, Michael practiced at Am Law 100 law firm, Kirkland & Ellis, where he represented BP in connection with governmental investigations arising out of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. He also provided pro bono representation to a class of children on Medicaid fighting to preserve screening, diagnosis, and treatment services.
Michael served as a law clerk to the Honorable William J. Martini, United States District Judge for the District of New Jersey, and most recently, he practiced at a regional law firm, handling employment matters. Michael has published articles on overtime law, federal practice and procedure, choice of law, and arbitration in the New York Law Journal, the New Jersey Law Journal, Bloomberg Law Insights, and Westchester Lawyer.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Federal Bar Council, Westchester Committee, Vice Chair
- Westchester County Bar Association, Member
- Westchester County Bar Association, Mentoring Circles Lead
- Westchester County Bar Association, Business and Commercial Law Committee, Co-Chair
- New York State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Wage & Hour Committee, Member
- New York State Bar Association House of Delegates, Delegate