Yankwitt LLP attorneys have served as federal law clerks for district and appellate judges throughout the Northeast. The firm actively recruits attorneys from the ranks of former federal law clerks because well-trained clerks make the best litigators.
Our clients benefit from the in-depth knowledge of the litigation process that our attorneys garnered as law clerks and their firsthand understanding of how judges analyze and decide issues. In addition, because federal law clerks spend much of their time writing analytical memos and assisting with drafting decisions, they develop into attorneys who are compelling, persuasive writers, a critical skill for successful litigation. The unique training undertaken in judge’s chambers results in seasoned advocates who efficiently and effectively navigate the federal courts on behalf of our clients.
The following is a list of judges for whom our attorneys have clerked:
- Judge Guido Calabresi, Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Judge Leonard I. Garth, Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Judge Kenneth M. Karas, Southern District of New York
- Judge Peter K. Leisure, Southern District of New York
- Judge Pierre N. Leval, Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Judge William J. Martini, District of New Jersey
- Judge Thomas C. Platt, Eastern District of New York
- Judge Nelson S. Román, Southern District of New York
- Judge Cathy Seibel, Southern District of New York
- Judge John M. Walker, Jr., Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Judge Alfred M. Wolin, District of New Jersey