Russell Yankwitt founded Yankwitt LLP in 2009, after honing his litigation skills at the premier New York City law firm of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher and Flom LLP, serving as Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of New York, and serving as a federal law clerk to Thomas C. Platt of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Russell litigates commercial matters of all kinds, including contract and partnership disputes, employment and shareholder lawsuits, insurance coverage disputes, ADA litigations, and premises liability cases. He is recognized as Westchester’s go-to litigator and trial attorney, having accrued an enviable track record of trial victories over the past two decades. As a result, Russell is regularly retained by Westchester and New York City law firms to collaborate on their high-stakes trials throughout the state of New York.
Russell’s legal acumen is enhanced by the unyielding client service he demands from himself and every member of his team. He partners with his clients, helping them to minimize their litigation by providing real-world, proven advice and counsel, as well as, efficient, cost-effective resolutions if or when litigation arises.
Well respected by the bar and judiciary, Russell is known to be a fair, effective, and zealous advocate for his clients.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Federal Bar Council, Westchester Committee, Founder
- Federal Bar Council Executive Board, Vice President
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- AMANDA ADR
- Legal Services of the Hudson Valley, Board
- Westchester County Bar Association, Commercial Division, ADA, Grievance committees
- Westchester County Bar Association, Co-chair of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
- UJA Federation, Westchester Business & Professional Division, Board