Russell Yankwitt Speaks on Online Commercial Mediation & Arbitration Best Practices
In an era when video conferencing has replaced in-person meetings, effective preparation and participation has become critical for businesses (and their employees) of all kinds. For lawyers, the move to video conferencing has created a sea change in an industry known for in-person meetings with clients, adversaries, judges, juries, etc. For litigators, in particular, how one approaches video court conferences, mediations and arbitrations can impact case outcomes.
Skilled in the art of mediation and arbitration as a neutral and advocate, Managing Partner Russell Yankwitt participated in the Practicing Law Institute panel presentation (CLE), “Online Commercial Mediation and Arbitration Best Practices – The Neutral’s and Advocate’s Perspectives,” which covered important topics for lawyers and their clients, including:
- Preparing for an online arbitration or mediation
- Tips for effective advocacy in online arbitrations and mediations
- Procedures during online arbitrations and mediations vs. in-person
- Assessing credibility of witnesses/parties in an online environment
- Best practices for effective witness presentation
- Preserving confidentiality in online arbitrations and mediations\
- Trends in online alternative dispute resolution
Visit the PLI website to access the webinar CLE.